欢迎来到58原创网网
更新日期:2025-07-16 20:00
写作核心提示:
Title: Tips for Writing a Graduation Speech for Elementary School Students in English
When writing a graduation speech for elementary school students in English, it's important to consider several key factors to ensure the speech is meaningful, engaging, and appropriate for the audience. Here are some important事项 to keep in mind:
1. "Understand the Audience:" - "Age Appropriateness:" The language should be simple and easy to understand for young children. Avoid complex vocabulary and idioms. - "Cultural Sensitivity:" Be mindful of cultural references and ensure they are inclusive and respectful to all students.
2. "Keep It Positive and Uplifting:" - Focus on the achievements and the positive experiences of the students. - Encourage and inspire the graduates to continue their journey with confidence and optimism.
3. "Structure the Speech:" - "Introduction:" Start with a greeting and a brief introduction that sets the tone for the speech. - "Body:" Divide the speech into sections that cover different aspects of the students' experiences, such as friendships, learning, and personal growth. - "Conclusion:" End with a strong closing that summarizes the main points and leaves the audience with a lasting impression.
4. "Use Relatable Language:" - Use examples and stories that the students can relate to, such as their favorite school activities, memories, or lessons they've learned. - Incorporate humor where appropriate to make the speech more engaging
小学英语作文范文六篇,有长有短,各年级适用,还有诗歌。孩子们有才了。
请与我一同,向我们2025届加州大学洛杉矶分校学院毕业典礼的杰出演讲者 —— 莎拉·巴莱勒斯,献上热烈的欢迎。
Thank you so much.非常感谢。
You didn't mention that the TV show is canceled.你没提到那部电视剧被取消了。
So, pretty good, guys.所以,伙计们,还不错。
Pretty good.挺好的
I have to start by, I am so full of pride.我必须首先说,我感到无比自豪。
My cheeks already ache from smiling.我的脸颊已经因为微笑而酸痛。
This is an incredible day.这是一个令人难以置信的日子。
Congratulations.恭喜你
I love seeing how proud you are of yourselves and your families.我喜欢看到你们和你们的家人为你们感到多么自豪。
So one more time, huge round of applause for the class of 2025.再次热烈鼓掌,献给2025届的毕业生们。
It has been amazing to be back here at UCLA.回到加州大学洛杉矶分校真是太棒了。
I haven't been back on campus in many years.我已经有好多年没回校园了。
They mentioned I graduated in 2003 and we were chatting backstage.他们提到我是2003年毕业的,我们在后台闲聊。
And some of you were born right around then.你们中的一些人差不多就是在那个时候出生的。
So, feeling pretty good.感觉还不错。
All right, I'm gonna be honest with you.好的,我得跟你们说实话。
I have had a hell of a time wrapping my brain around what to say to you.我费了好大劲儿才想明白该对你们说些什么。
Like a tremendously hard time writing this speech.写这篇演讲稿真是难上加难。
I'm usually pretty good at stuff like this.我通常很擅长这类事情。
I really, I like talking to people.我真的很喜欢与人交谈。
I like writing.我喜欢写作。
I like cobbling together some sincerity and a couple of jokes.我喜欢将真诚与几个笑话巧妙结合。
But for some reason, this has felt different.但出于某种原因,这次感觉有所不同。
Over the last several months, I have sat down to write this speech no less than a dozen times.在过去几个月里,我至少有十几次坐下来尝试撰写这篇演讲稿。
Until two days ago.直到两天前。
They asked me to turn this speech in weeks ago, and they're like, where is it?他们几周前就让我交这篇演讲稿,现在却问:“稿子呢?”
Until two days ago, I was really pulling my hair out trying to find a way in.直到两天前,我还真的在绞尽脑汁,试图找到一个切入点。
So I finally decided instead to spend some time looking inward to try and examine why I was having such a hard time figuring out what to say to you.所以我最终决定花些时间向内审视,试图弄清楚为什么我如此难以想出该对你们说些什么。
After some reflection, I realized that I don't know what to say to you.经过一番思考,我意识到自己不知道该对你们说些什么。
Right now, I really want to tell you the truth.此刻,我真心想向你们道出实情。
And the truth is that as much as I can be in love with the world, which I am, it is impossible to be in this moment in our country, in our city, and in the world, and not acknowledge that this is scary.事实是,尽管我深爱着这个世界——我确实如此——但身处我们国家、我们城市以及全球的这一时刻,若不承认这一切令人恐惧,那是不可能的。
I am deeply concerned for us, for all of us.我深感忧虑,为我们所有人,为在座的每一位。
I'm shocked and enraged by what I see unfolding in our government and on our streets, and I'm tired of self-righteous hot takes and misinformed oversimplifications that populate our screens and especially our minds.我对我们政府和街头正在上演的一切感到震惊和愤怒,我厌倦了那些自以为是的激烈言论和误导性的过度简化, 它们充斥着我们的屏幕, 尤其是我们的思想。
It feels like cruelty and a lack of empathy are gaining traction, spreading like a virus.似乎残忍和缺乏同理心正在蔓延,像病毒一样扩散。
And sometimes I feel like I have caught it too.有时我也觉得自己被它感染了。
I found myself recently in a real crisis of faith, not in God or a higher power, but in humanity.最近,我陷入了一场真正的信仰危机,不是对上帝或更高力量的信仰,而是对人性的信仰。
And generally, as a rule of thumb, we don't invite the super anxious one having the crisis of faith in humanity to give the speeches to the people.通常情况下,按照经验法则,我们不会那个对人性充满信仰危机、极度焦虑的人来给人们做演讲。
It can be a real buzzkill, you know what I'm saying?这真的挺扫兴的,你懂我意思吧?
But what can I say?但我能说什么呢?
We live on the edge.我们生活在边缘。
It made me wonder if this crisis of faith is here to teach me something that we might learn together in real time.这让我不禁思考,这场信仰危机是否是为了教会我一些东西,而我们或许可以实时共同学习。
My best friend, Gavin Creel, passed away in September of last year.我最好的朋友加文·克里尔去年九月去世了。
He was the closest I have ever come to experiencing someone as a literal ball of light.他是我所遇见过的最接近于一个活生生的光芒球体的人。
Generous, hilarious, handsome, my favorite voice on the planet.慷慨大方、幽默风趣、英俊潇洒,拥有这颗星球上我最钟爱的嗓音。
When we met for the first time, I was convinced I was actually in love with him.当我们初次相遇时,我确信自己真的爱上了他。
I mean, he was gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.我的意思是,他是同性恋,同性恋,同性恋,同性恋,同性恋,同性恋。
But the connection was so special, I was willing to overlook that small detail.尽管如此,那份联系实在太特别了,我愿意忽略这个小细节。
Thankfully, my crush dissipated, and we settled into a loving friendship that lasted a little over a decade, but changed my life forever.幸运的是,我对他的迷恋消退了, 我们转而建立了一段充满爱的友谊, 这段友谊持续了十多年,并永远地改变了我的人生。
In what we did not know would be the last year of his life, Gavin got the word both tattooed on his wrist.在我们未曾预料到的那一年——加文生命中的最后一年,他在手腕上纹上了这个词。
It was inspired by a poem that I'll read to you that he found on a greeting card.这段话的灵感来自一首诗,我会读给你们听,这是他在一张贺卡上发现的。
Everything is both, wonderful and terrible, boring and exciting.一切都是双面的,既有美好也有可怕,既无聊又刺激。
It's okay that it's both, obvious and hidden, simple and complicated.显而易见又隐匿无形,简单又复杂,这都没关系。
What a relief that everything can be both, light and dark, celebratory and melancholy.一切既可以光明又可以黑暗,既可以欢庆又可以忧郁,这真是令人欣慰。
I didn't particularly like the tattoo at first.起初我并不特别喜欢这个纹身。
It seemed sort of pedestrian in some way.在某种程度上,这似乎有点平淡无奇。
But I saw his commitment to this way of thinking.但我看到了他对这种思维方式的坚定承诺。
I saw him put it into practice.我亲眼见他付诸实践。
And I started to see what he saw, that two things can be true at the same time.我开始明白他所看到的,那就是两件事情可以同时为真。
In fact, they often are.事实上,它们经常如此。
More nuance everywhere.更多的细微差别无处不在。
We are taught from a young age to value certainty, that it embodies strength, it makes us safe.从我们很小的时候起,就被教导要珍视确定性,认为它代表着力量,能让我们感到安全。
I mean, schooling is in many ways built upon the idea that there are right answers to questions.我的意思是,教育在很多方面都是建立在这样一个理念之上:问题有正确答案。
And lots of times there are.这种情况时常发生。
I mean, yeah, math or whatever.我的意思是,没错,数学或者其他科目。
But there is so much more to learn about this life and about each other, about the gray areas, about the crises of faith, the messy middle, What would happen if we can learn to stay curious instead of certain?但关于生活、彼此、灰色地带、信仰危机以及混乱的中间阶段,我们还有太多需要学习。如果我们能学会保持好奇而非固执己见,会发生什么呢?
Walking with Gavin through his illness and his death last year was one of the most brutal and beautiful, scary and sacred experiences of my life.去年,陪伴加文度过他的疾病直至离世,是我生命中最残酷却又美丽、最令人恐惧却也最神圣的经历之一。
He was 48 years old when he died, and the time between his diagnosis and his death was three months and three days.他去世时年仅48岁,从确诊到离世仅隔了三个月零三天。
They were both the longest and the shortest months of my life.那两个月是我生命中最漫长也是最短暂的时光。
On a particularly hard day, I was at my house in upstate New York.在一个特别艰难的日子里,我身处纽约上州的家。
A summer storm had passed through and I was doubled over with grief and the powerlessness of losing my friend.一场夏日的暴风雨刚刚过去,我因失去挚友的悲痛和无力感而弯下了腰。
I went outside into the backyard and the pouring rain and sort of inexplicably started dancing.我走到屋外的后院,任凭大雨倾盆,莫名其妙地开始跳舞。
I blame Chapel Rowan.我得怪查佩尔·罗恩。
I felt completely obliterated and utterly alive at the exact same time.我感到完全被摧毁,同时又完全活着,就在同一时刻。
And I will never forget the feeling of that discovery, that grief is both awe and ache, so closely intertwined that you can't tell them apart sometimes.我永远不会忘记那种发现的感觉——悲伤既令人敬畏又令人痛苦,两者如此紧密地交织在一起,以至于有时你无法将它们区分开来。
Your lives will be so many things, and oh my God, I hope so much of it is wonderful.你们的生活将会丰富多彩,天哪,我真心希望其中大部分都是美好的。
But when it is not, when it is complicated and thorny, and when it inevitably breaks your heart, which it will, I hope you can reach for the wisdom in that too.但当情况并非如此,当它变得复杂棘手,当它不可避免地让你心碎——它一定会如此——我希望你也能从中汲取智慧。
Pain is a skillful teacher, and we are in painful times that can teach us so much, but only if we stay willing and awake to the infinite nature of all of it.痛苦是一位技艺精湛的老师, 而我们正身处可以教会我们许多东西的痛苦时期,但前提是我们愿意保持清醒, 认识到这一切的无限性。
That's how we keep growing up.这就是我们不断成长的方式。
There's a phenomenon in natural settings called the growth edge.在自然环境中存在一种现象,称为“成长边缘”。
The most new growth happens on the edges of the leaves at the edge of the forest.最新生的嫩芽往往出现在森林边缘的树叶上。
This is also where all the exposure to danger and the elements happen too, right there on the edge.这也是危险和各种因素暴露无遗的地方,就在那边缘之处。
But there they are, the brave cells piding, the new pale green tips reaching into new territory, claiming space and expansion.然而, 它们就在那里, 勇敢的细胞在分裂,新的淡绿色嫩芽伸向未知的领域,宣告着空间的占据与扩展。
It makes me think about my own growth edges.这让我思考自己的成长边缘。
The places in my life where I have felt a dizzying combination of faith and doubt.在我生命中那些让我感受到信仰与怀疑交织、令人眩晕的时刻。
A sense of, yes, I can, but also, what if I can't?一种既相信“是的,我能行”,又担心“万一我不行呢?”的感觉。
Taking a chance on a life pursuing music.冒险追求音乐人生。
Went pretty well.进展得相当顺利。
Okay.好。
Thank you, yes, yeah.谢谢,是的,没错。
It's okay, we're moving on.没事,我们继续。
Staying in a love that scared me because I felt too seen and too vulnerable.我曾停留在一段让我感到害怕的爱情中,因为我感到自己被看得太透彻,太脆弱。
Speaking out, even if it means I will fall out of someone's favor.勇于发声,即便这意味着我将失去某些人的青睐。
Owning the fact that I carry anxiety to a degree that I cannot manage without medication.坦然承认我患有焦虑症,需要依靠药物才能控制。
If you come for my Lexapro, I will cut a bitch.如果你敢动我的来士普,我可要跟人拼命了。
This time in your life is both a beginning and an ending.你们生命中的这个时刻既是开始,也是结束。
You are no longer a student orienting towards the cyclical rhythm of your education.你们不再是循着教育周期节奏前行的一名学生了。
And if you are anything like I was, stepping away from that security might feel like a free fall, groundless and terrifying.如果你和我当初一样, 离开那种安全感可能会让你感觉像是在自由落体,毫无根基, 令人恐惧。
But fear is a fantastic indicator of a growth edge.但恐惧是一个极好的成长边缘的指示器。
And I dare you to go towards your discomfort with curiosity and see what's there.我鼓励你们怀着好奇心去面对不适,看看那里有什么。
What if we can stay curious instead of certain?如果我们能保持好奇而非确定,那会怎样?
For me, this practice opens a kind of parachute.对我而言,这种练习就像打开了一把降落伞。
It opens the aperture of your perspective to slow down enough to see that you are falling, yes, but you are also flying.它拓宽了你视野的广角, 让你有足够的时间放慢脚步, 看到自己虽然在坠落,但同时也在飞翔。
We all are.我们都是。
My favorite poet, Andrea Gibson, says, someday we will dare to trade good for true.我最喜欢的诗人安德烈娅·吉布森曾说,总有一天,我们将敢于用美好换取真实。
And as I told you at the beginning, I just want to tell you the truth.正如我在开头告诉你们的那样,我只想告诉你们真相。
And the truth is that I think my crisis of faith in humanity might just be an invitation, an invitation to stay curious instead of certain, to remember that I am humanity too.事实上, 我认为自己对人性信仰的危机或许正是一种,我保持好奇而非自以为是,提醒我自己也是人性的一部分。
And this is a growth edge for all of us.这对我们所有人来说都是一个成长的契机。
To quote Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, and Huey Lewis at the exact same time, we are the world.引用莱昂内尔·里奇、蒂娜·特纳和休伊·刘易斯的话,恰如其分地说,我们就是这个世界。
And the world is full of awful and spectacular things.世界充满了糟糕透顶和精彩绝伦的事物。
What a relief that it can be both.令人欣慰的是,两者可以兼得。
And I think to love the world, to love this exact world with its chaos and cruelty and beauty and brilliance is to pack your parachute, find the edge and jump.我认为,热爱这个世界, 热爱这个充满混乱、残酷、美丽与辉煌的特定世界, 就是要准备好降落伞,找到边缘,然后勇敢跳下。
Thank you.谢谢
本站部分资源搜集整理于互联网或者网友提供,仅供学习与交流使用,如果不小心侵犯到你的权益,请及时联系我们删除该资源。