欢迎来到58原创网网

如何写《小学英语毕业演讲》教你5招搞定!(精选5篇)

更新日期:2025-07-24 01:15

如何写《小学英语毕业演讲》教你5招搞定!(精选5篇)"/

写作核心提示:

小学英语毕业演讲作文注意事项:
一、内容准备
1. 确定主题:选择一个积极向上、富有意义的主题,如“感恩”、“成长”、“梦想”等。
2. 结合自身经历:从自己的学习、生活、成长等方面入手,分享自己的感悟和收获。
3. 语言表达:尽量使用简单、易懂的英语词汇和句型,避免使用过于复杂的语法结构。
二、结构安排
1. 开头:简要介绍自己,如姓名、班级、毕业感言等,引起听众兴趣。
2. 主体部分:围绕主题,分几个小节展开论述,每个小节要有明确的观点和论据。
3. 结尾:总结全文,再次强调主题,表达对未来的期望和祝福。
三、语言表达
1. 词汇选择:使用常见的英语词汇,避免生僻词和难词。
2. 句型运用:灵活运用简单句、并列句和复合句,使文章更具层次感。
3. 语法规范:注意时态、语态、主谓一致等语法问题,确保文章通顺。
四、演讲技巧
1. 语速适中:避免过快或过慢,保持良好的语感。
2. 语调抑扬顿挫:根据内容调整语调,使演讲更具感染力。
3. 语气亲切:与听众建立良好的互动,使演讲更加生动。
五、注意事项
1.

莎拉·巴莱勒斯 2025加州大学洛杉矶分校毕业演讲

ease join me in giving a warm UCLA welcome to our 2025 College Commencement distinguished speaker, Sara Bareilles.

请与我一同,向我们2025届加州大学洛杉矶分校学院毕业典礼的杰出演讲者 —— 莎拉·巴莱勒斯,献上热烈的欢迎。

Thank you so much.

非常感谢。

You didn't mention that the TV show is canceled.

你没提到那部电视剧被取消了。

So, pretty good, guys.

所以,伙计们,还不错。

Pretty good.

挺好的

I have to start by, I am so full of pride.

我必须首先说,我感到无比自豪。

My cheeks already ache from smiling.

我的脸颊已经因为微笑而酸痛。

This is an incredible day.

这是一个令人难以置信的日子。

Congratulations.

恭喜你

I love seeing how proud you are of yourselves and your families.

我喜欢看到你们和你们的家人为你们感到多么自豪。

So one more time, huge round of applause for the class of 2025.

再次热烈鼓掌,献给2025届的毕业生们。

It has been amazing to be back here at UCLA.

回到加州大学洛杉矶分校真是太棒了。

I haven't been back on campus in many years.

我已经有好多年没回校园了。

They mentioned I graduated in 2003 and we were chatting backstage.

他们提到我是2003年毕业的,我们在后台闲聊。

And some of you were born right around then.

你们中的一些人差不多就是在那个时候出生的。

So, feeling pretty good.

感觉还不错。

All right, I'm gonna be honest with you.

好的,我得跟你们说实话。

I have had a hell of a time wrapping my brain around what to say to you.

我费了好大劲儿才想明白该对你们说些什么。

Like a tremendously hard time writing this speech.

写这篇演讲稿真是难上加难。

I'm usually pretty good at stuff like this.

我通常很擅长这类事情。

I really, I like talking to people.

我真的很喜欢与人交谈。

I like writing.

我喜欢写作。

I like cobbling together some sincerity and a couple of jokes.

我喜欢将真诚与几个笑话巧妙结合。

But for some reason, this has felt different.

但出于某种原因,这次感觉有所不同。

Over the last several months, I have sat down to write this speech no less than a dozen times.

在过去几个月里,我至少有十几次坐下来尝试撰写这篇演讲稿。

Until two days ago.

直到两天前。

They asked me to turn this speech in weeks ago, and they're like, where is it?

他们几周前就让我交这篇演讲稿,现在却问:“稿子呢?”

Until two days ago, I was really pulling my hair out trying to find a way in.

直到两天前,我还真的在绞尽脑汁,试图找到一个切入点。

So I finally decided instead to spend some time looking inward to try and examine why I was having such a hard time figuring out what to say to you.

所以我最终决定花些时间向内审视,试图弄清楚为什么我如此难以想出该对你们说些什么。

After some reflection, I realized that I don't know what to say to you.

经过一番思考,我意识到自己不知道该对你们说些什么。

Right now, I really want to tell you the truth.

此刻,我真心想向你们道出实情。

And the truth is that as much as I can be in love with the world, which I am, it is impossible to be in this moment in our country, in our city, and in the world, and not acknowledge that this is scary.

事实是,尽管我深爱着这个世界——我确实如此——但身处我们国家、我们城市以及全球的这一时刻,若不承认这一切令人恐惧,那是不可能的。

I am deeply concerned for us, for all of us.

我深感忧虑,为我们所有人,为在座的每一位。

I'm shocked and enraged by what I see unfolding in our government and on our streets, and I'm tired of self-righteous hot takes and misinformed oversimplifications that populate our screens and especially our minds.

我对我们政府和街头正在上演的一切感到震惊和愤怒,我厌倦了那些自以为是的激烈言论和误导性的过度简化, 它们充斥着我们的屏幕, 尤其是我们的思想。

It feels like cruelty and a lack of empathy are gaining traction, spreading like a virus.

似乎残忍和缺乏同理心正在蔓延,像病毒一样扩散。

And sometimes I feel like I have caught it too.

有时我也觉得自己被它感染了。

I found myself recently in a real crisis of faith, not in God or a higher power, but in humanity.

最近,我陷入了一场真正的信仰危机,不是对上帝或更高力量的信仰,而是对人性的信仰。

And generally, as a rule of thumb, we don't invite the super anxious one having the crisis of faith in humanity to give the speeches to the people.

通常情况下,按照经验法则,我们不会那个对人性充满信仰危机、极度焦虑的人来给人们做演讲。

It can be a real buzzkill, you know what I'm saying?

这真的挺扫兴的,你懂我意思吧?

But what can I say?

但我能说什么呢?

We live on the edge.

我们生活在边缘。

It made me wonder if this crisis of faith is here to teach me something that we might learn together in real time.

这让我不禁思考,这场信仰危机是否是为了教会我一些东西,而我们或许可以实时共同学习。

My best friend, Gavin Creel, passed away in September of last year.

我最好的朋友加文·克里尔去年九月去世了。

He was the closest I have ever come to experiencing someone as a literal ball of light.

他是我所遇见过的最接近于一个活生生的光芒球体的人。

Generous, hilarious, handsome, my favorite voice on the planet.

慷慨大方、幽默风趣、英俊潇洒,拥有这颗星球上我最钟爱的嗓音。

When we met for the first time, I was convinced I was actually in love with him.

当我们初次相遇时,我确信自己真的爱上了他。

I mean, he was gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.

我的意思是,他是同性恋,同性恋,同性恋,同性恋,同性恋,同性恋。

But the connection was so special, I was willing to overlook that small detail.

尽管如此,那份联系实在太特别了,我愿意忽略这个小细节。

Thankfully, my crush dissipated, and we settled into a loving friendship that lasted a little over a decade, but changed my life forever.

幸运的是,我对他的迷恋消退了, 我们转而建立了一段充满爱的友谊, 这段友谊持续了十多年,并永远地改变了我的人生。

In what we did not know would be the last year of his life, Gavin got the word both tattooed on his wrist.

在我们未曾预料到的那一年——加文生命中的最后一年,他在手腕上纹上了这个词。

It was inspired by a poem that I'll read to you that he found on a greeting card.

这段话的灵感来自一首诗,我会读给你们听,这是他在一张贺卡上发现的。

Everything is both, wonderful and terrible, boring and exciting.

一切都是双面的,既有美好也有可怕,既无聊又刺激。

It's okay that it's both, obvious and hidden, simple and complicated.

显而易见又隐匿无形,简单又复杂,这都没关系。

What a relief that everything can be both, light and dark, celebratory and melancholy.

一切既可以光明又可以黑暗,既可以欢庆又可以忧郁,这真是令人欣慰。

I didn't particularly like the tattoo at first.

起初我并不特别喜欢这个纹身。

It seemed sort of pedestrian in some way.

在某种程度上,这似乎有点平淡无奇。

But I saw his commitment to this way of thinking.

但我看到了他对这种思维方式的坚定承诺。

I saw him put it into practice.

我亲眼见他付诸实践。

And I started to see what he saw, that two things can be true at the same time.

我开始明白他所看到的,那就是两件事情可以同时为真。

In fact, they often are.

事实上,它们经常如此。

More nuance everywhere.

更多的细微差别无处不在。

We are taught from a young age to value certainty, that it embodies strength, it makes us safe.

从我们很小的时候起,就被教导要珍视确定性,认为它代表着力量,能让我们感到安全。

I mean, schooling is in many ways built upon the idea that there are right answers to questions.

我的意思是,教育在很多方面都是建立在这样一个理念之上:问题有正确答案。

And lots of times there are.

这种情况时常发生。

I mean, yeah, math or whatever.

我的意思是,没错,数学或者其他科目。

But there is so much more to learn about this life and about each other, about the gray areas, about the crises of faith, the messy middle, What would happen if we can learn to stay curious instead of certain?

但关于生活、彼此、灰色地带、信仰危机以及混乱的中间阶段,我们还有太多需要学习。如果我们能学会保持好奇而非固执己见,会发生什么呢?

Walking with Gavin through his illness and his death last year was one of the most brutal and beautiful, scary and sacred experiences of my life.

去年,陪伴加文度过他的疾病直至离世,是我生命中最残酷却又美丽、最令人恐惧却也最神圣的经历之一。

He was 48 years old when he died, and the time between his diagnosis and his death was three months and three days.

他去世时年仅48岁,从确诊到离世仅隔了三个月零三天。

They were both the longest and the shortest months of my life.

那两个月是我生命中最漫长也是最短暂的时光。

On a particularly hard day, I was at my house in upstate New York.

在一个特别艰难的日子里,我身处纽约上州的家。

A summer storm had passed through and I was doubled over with grief and the powerlessness of losing my friend.

一场夏日的暴风雨刚刚过去,我因失去挚友的悲痛和无力感而弯下了腰。

I went outside into the backyard and the pouring rain and sort of inexplicably started dancing.

我走到屋外的后院,任凭大雨倾盆,莫名其妙地开始跳舞。

I blame Chapel Rowan.

我得怪查佩尔·罗恩。

I felt completely obliterated and utterly alive at the exact same time.

我感到完全被摧毁,同时又完全活着,就在同一时刻。

And I will never forget the feeling of that discovery, that grief is both awe and ache, so closely intertwined that you can't tell them apart sometimes.

我永远不会忘记那种发现的感觉——悲伤既令人敬畏又令人痛苦,两者如此紧密地交织在一起,以至于有时你无法将它们区分开来。

Your lives will be so many things, and oh my God, I hope so much of it is wonderful.

你们的生活将会丰富多彩,天哪,我真心希望其中大部分都是美好的。

But when it is not, when it is complicated and thorny, and when it inevitably breaks your heart, which it will, I hope you can reach for the wisdom in that too.

但当情况并非如此,当它变得复杂棘手,当它不可避免地让你心碎——它一定会如此——我希望你也能从中汲取智慧。

Pain is a skillful teacher, and we are in painful times that can teach us so much, but only if we stay willing and awake to the infinite nature of all of it.

痛苦是一位技艺精湛的老师, 而我们正身处可以教会我们许多东西的痛苦时期,但前提是我们愿意保持清醒, 认识到这一切的无限性。

That's how we keep growing up.

这就是我们不断成长的方式。

There's a phenomenon in natural settings called the growth edge.

在自然环境中存在一种现象,称为“成长边缘”。

The most new growth happens on the edges of the leaves at the edge of the forest.

最新生的嫩芽往往出现在森林边缘的树叶上。

This is also where all the exposure to danger and the elements happen too, right there on the edge.

这也是危险和各种因素暴露无遗的地方,就在那边缘之处。

But there they are, the brave cells piding, the new pale green tips reaching into new territory, claiming space and expansion.

然而, 它们就在那里, 勇敢的细胞在分裂,新的淡绿色嫩芽伸向未知的领域,宣告着空间的占据与扩展。

It makes me think about my own growth edges.

这让我思考自己的成长边缘。

The places in my life where I have felt a dizzying combination of faith and doubt.

在我生命中那些让我感受到信仰与怀疑交织、令人眩晕的时刻。

A sense of, yes, I can, but also, what if I can't?

一种既相信“是的,我能行”,又担心“万一我不行呢?”的感觉。

Taking a chance on a life pursuing music.

冒险追求音乐人生。

Went pretty well.

进展得相当顺利。

Okay.

好。

Thank you, yes, yeah.

谢谢,是的,没错。

It's okay, we're moving on.

没事,我们继续。

Staying in a love that scared me because I felt too seen and too vulnerable.

我曾停留在一段让我感到害怕的爱情中,因为我感到自己被看得太透彻,太脆弱。

Speaking out, even if it means I will fall out of someone's favor.

勇于发声,即便这意味着我将失去某些人的青睐。

Owning the fact that I carry anxiety to a degree that I cannot manage without medication.

坦然承认我患有焦虑症,需要依靠药物才能控制。

If you come for my Lexapro, I will cut a bitch.

如果你敢动我的来士普,我可要跟人拼命了。

This time in your life is both a beginning and an ending.

你们生命中的这个时刻既是开始,也是结束。

You are no longer a student orienting towards the cyclical rhythm of your education.

你们不再是循着教育周期节奏前行的一名学生了。

And if you are anything like I was, stepping away from that security might feel like a free fall, groundless and terrifying.

如果你和我当初一样, 离开那种安全感可能会让你感觉像是在自由落体,毫无根基, 令人恐惧。

But fear is a fantastic indicator of a growth edge.

但恐惧是一个极好的成长边缘的指示器。

And I dare you to go towards your discomfort with curiosity and see what's there.

我鼓励你们怀着好奇心去面对不适,看看那里有什么。

What if we can stay curious instead of certain?

如果我们能保持好奇而非确定,那会怎样?

For me, this practice opens a kind of parachute.

对我而言,这种练习就像打开了一把降落伞。

It opens the aperture of your perspective to slow down enough to see that you are falling, yes, but you are also flying.

它拓宽了你视野的广角, 让你有足够的时间放慢脚步, 看到自己虽然在坠落,但同时也在飞翔。

We all are.

我们都是。

My favorite poet, Andrea Gibson, says, someday we will dare to trade good for true.

我最喜欢的诗人安德烈娅·吉布森曾说,总有一天,我们将敢于用美好换取真实。

And as I told you at the beginning, I just want to tell you the truth.

正如我在开头告诉你们的那样,我只想告诉你们真相。

And the truth is that I think my crisis of faith in humanity might just be an invitation, an invitation to stay curious instead of certain, to remember that I am humanity too.

事实上, 我认为自己对人性信仰的危机或许正是一种,我保持好奇而非自以为是,提醒我自己也是人性的一部分。

And this is a growth edge for all of us.

这对我们所有人来说都是一个成长的契机。

To quote Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, and Huey Lewis at the exact same time, we are the world.

引用莱昂内尔·里奇、蒂娜·特纳和休伊·刘易斯的话,恰如其分地说,我们就是这个世界。

And the world is full of awful and spectacular things.

世界充满了糟糕透顶和精彩绝伦的事物。

What a relief that it can be both.

令人欣慰的是,两者可以兼得。

And I think to love the world, to love this exact world with its chaos and cruelty and beauty and brilliance is to pack your parachute, find the edge and jump.

我认为,热爱这个世界, 热爱这个充满混乱、残酷、美丽与辉煌的特定世界, 就是要准备好降落伞,找到边缘,然后勇敢跳下。

Thank you.

谢谢

奥运游泳冠军凯蒂·莱德基 2025斯坦福大学毕业演讲

Thank you President Loven for that very kind introduction and congratulations class of 2025.

感谢洛文校长热情洋溢的介绍,并向2025届毕业生致以祝贺。

Faculty members, Provost Martinez, Board of Trustees, and all of you, thank you for the very warm welcome back to campus.

教职员工们, 马丁内斯教务长, 董事会成员们,以及在座的各位, 非常感谢你们如此热情地欢迎我回到校园。

I understand from the senior class presidents that I was selected to speak today through some kind of a class survey, and I am so honored to be given this opportunity.

据毕业班主席透露, 我之所以被选中今天发言, 是因为班级调查的结果,我深感荣幸能获得这一机会。

But I have to say, I hope there was no padding of the survey results by the men's and women's swim teams.

不过我得说,我希望男子和女子游泳队没有夸大调查结果。

I saw many of you out there in your wacky walk swimsuits, and I appreciate being made to feel at home.

我看到你们中有很多人穿着奇奇怪怪的泳衣在走动,我很感激这种让我感到宾至如归的氛围。

Thank you to my family for being here, and a huge shout out to my former Stanford swim coaches, Greg Meehan and Tracy Slusser.

感谢我的家人来到现场,并特别感谢我以前在斯坦福大学的游泳教练格雷格·米汉和特雷西·斯拉瑟。

I've enjoyed spending time the last few days around campus swimming, seeing old friends, and meeting many of you at dinner on the quad and around campus.

过去几天,我非常享受在校园里游泳、与老友重逢,以及在四方庭院和校园各处与你们共进晚餐、交流的时光。

I just, I love Stanford so much.

我非常热爱斯坦福大学。

As President Levin said earlier, it's Father's Day, and I, too, would like to wish all of the fathers here, including my own, a very happy Father's Day.

正如洛文校长先前所言, 今天是父亲节,我也想向在座的各位父亲,包括我自己的父亲, 致以最诚挚的父亲节祝福。

You know, I'm so fortunate to have a father who was willing to wake up at 4 a.m. to drive me to swim practices when I was younger.

你知道,我很幸运,有一个愿意在凌晨4点起床,在我小时候开车送我去游泳训练的父亲。

When I was a little kid about yea high, My dad, knowing that I loved to swim and also that I loved math, taught me that swim races could be decided by just fractions of a second.

在我还是个大约这么高的小孩时,我爸爸, 知道我喜欢游泳也喜欢数学,就教我游泳比赛可能仅由几分之一秒决定。

He said that some races might be decided by just one one-hundredth of a second.

他说,有些比赛可能仅以百分之一秒的差距决定胜负。

And to demonstrate what a small period of time that was, he gave me this stopwatch.

为了展示那段时间是多么短暂,他给了我这块秒表。

and told me to try to start and stop the watch as fast as I could, and then to look to see how much time was measured on the stopwatch.

他让我尽可能快地启动和停止秒表,然后查看秒表上记录的时间。

I'm gonna do it here now.

我现在就要在这里做这件事。

.

.

16.

16.

I could never do it in faster than a tenth of a second, which revealed to me just how short one one-hundredth of a second really is.

我从未能在快于十分之一秒的时间内完成,这让我深刻体会到百分之一秒是多么短暂。

In some ways, that exercise also taught me how fast time flies by.

从某种意义上说,这次练习也让我体会到时间飞逝的速度。

I know that some of you sitting out there, though you may have had some long days completing assignments, probably feel that your time here at Stanford has flown by.

我知道在座的各位中,有些人虽然经历了完成作业的漫长日子,但可能觉得在斯坦福的时光转瞬即逝。

Others of you, perhaps not.

你们中的一些人可能已经找到了,而其他人或许还没有。

But here you are at your graduation.

但此刻,你们站在了毕业的舞台上。

And if you spent four academic years on campus here at Stanford, say about 300 days each year, you have been here for approximately 104 million seconds of your life.

如果在斯坦福大学的校园里度过了四个学年,每年大约300天, 那么你在这里已经度过了你生命中约1.04亿秒的时间。

104 million seconds.

1亿零4百万秒。

And I gotta tell you, once you graduate, you'll spend nearly as many seconds of your life explaining to people why Stanford's mascot is a dancing tree.

我得告诉你们, 一旦毕业,你将花费几乎同样多的时间向人们解释为什么斯坦福的吉祥物是一棵跳舞的树。

Okay, let me say something right off the bat.

好的,首先让我说几句。

I am at most seven years older than many of you undergrads here today.

我最多只比今天在座的许多本科生大七岁。

I can tell you everything you need to know about freestyle and flip turns.

我可以告诉你关于自由泳和翻转转身的一切要点。

I cannot tell you everything you need to know about life.

我无法告诉你们关于生活的所有需要了解的事情。

I can't even tell you what it's like to turn 30.

我都无法形容30岁是什么感觉。

But one thing I do feel like I have expertise in is distance.

但我确实觉得自己在耐力方面颇有心得。

As a distance swimmer, I have logged a lot of miles in the water.

作为一名长距离游泳选手,我在水中累计了无数英里。

I've spent countless hours practicing and staring at that black line on the bottom of the pool, learning what it means to keep going when no one is watching.

我花费了无数小时练习, 凝视泳池底部的那条黑线,领悟到在没有观众时依然坚持不懈的意义。

So Stanford class of 2025, allow me to offer some insights as to how to go the distance in whatever field and whatever life you may choose.

因此,斯坦福大学2025届的毕业生们,请允许我分享一些心得,无论你们选择何种领域、何种人生道路,如何坚持到底。

In my experience, there are three elements to going the distance.

根据我的经验,坚持到底有三个要素。

Pacing, process, and time.

节奏、过程和时间。

So let's talk about pacing first.

那么,我们先来谈谈节奏吧。

I was 15 years old when I won my first Olympic gold medal.

我赢得第一枚奥运金牌时年仅15岁。

Looking back now, it's crazy to me too.

现在回想起来,我自己也觉得不可思议。

So let me set the scene for you for the race.

让我为你们描绘一下那场比赛的场景。

I had just finished my freshman year of high school.

我刚结束高中一年级的学习。

I was the youngest member in the entire U.S. Olympic athlete delegation, and it was my very first time swimming in a meet outside of the United States.

我是整个美国奥运代表团中最年轻的成员,那是我第一次在美国以外的地方参加比赛。

Nobody knows who I am.

没人知道我是谁。

The Olympics are in London, and the defending Olympic champion and favorite in my race is British.

奥运会将在伦敦举行,而我所参加项目的卫冕奥运冠军和夺冠热门是英国选手。

Her name is Becky Adlington, a really gracious champion, and so I know the crowd will be chanting, Becky, Becky.

她的名字是贝基·阿德灵顿, 一位非常优雅的冠军,所以我知道观众们会高呼:“贝基,贝基。 ”

And I have programmed myself to think they are shouting, Ledecky, Ledecky.

我已习惯性地认为他们在高喊:“莱德基,莱德基。”

Prince William and Princess Kate are there, and it is so loud.

威廉王子和凯特王妃在场,现场气氛热烈非凡。

It gets quiet for swimmers.

游泳运动员的世界会变得安静。

Take your mark.

各就各位。

Then the beep goes off, I pe in, and I'm instantly in the lead.

随着蜂鸣声响起,我跃入水中,立刻处于领先位置。

My coach at the time, Yuri Sugiyama, and another coach, the late, great John Urbanchek, had advised me to be cautious not to go out too fast, given the excitement I would feel swimming in a lane next to the reigning Olympic champion.

当时我的教练杉山由里和另一位教练,已故的伟大教练约翰·乌班切克,都建议我谨慎行事, 不要一开始就游得太快,因为在我旁边泳道游泳的是现任奥运冠军, 我会感到兴奋。

Well, I didn't quite listen to that advice.

好吧,我并没有完全听从那条建议。

I took the lead from the start, and I kept expanding on it.

我从一开始就领先,并不断扩大优势。

About midway through the race, I remember thinking, where is everybody?

比赛进行到一半时,我记得自己在想,其他人都在哪儿呢?

There's a brief second where I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, like I've gone out too fast.

有那么一瞬间,我怀疑自己是不是做错了什么,比如是不是出发得太快了。

Then I tell myself, just keep going.

然后我告诉自己,继续前进。

And I did.

我做到了。

I won by over four seconds.

我以超过四秒的优势获胜。

Thank you.

谢谢

So after my win, Coach Urbanchek comes up to me with this befuddled look on his face and says, you didn't follow the plan.

所以,在我获胜后,乌班切克教练走到我面前,脸上带着困惑的表情说:“你没有按照计划行事。”

Then he gives me a big hug and says, but that's OK.

然后他给了我一个大大的拥抱,并说,没关系。

Later that night in the Olympic Village, I watched the replay of the race.

当晚在奥运村里,我重看了那场比赛的回放。

For most of the race, the NBC announcers seemed like they were trying to will me into slowing down.

在比赛的大部分时间里,NBC的解说员们似乎都在试图让我慢下来。

35 seconds into the race, I'm leading, and they say, she needs to take her foot off the pedal here.

比赛进行到第35秒时,我领先了,他们说,她需要在这里松开油门。

20 seconds later, still in the lead.

20秒后,依然领先。

She swam too fast.

她游得太快了。

She needs to settle back and get into a rhythm.

她需要放松下来,找到自己的节奏。

Another two minutes later, they question my strategy.

两分钟后,他们质疑我的策略。

She is so far out there now, unless she has a lot of confidence in her stroke and her pace, it may be a little quick, because these wily veterans know exactly what they're doing.

她现在游得相当远, 除非她对自己的泳姿和节奏非常有信心,否则可能会稍显急促, 因为这些经验丰富的老将们对自己的一举一动都了如指掌。

Finally, three quarters of the way through the race, the tone of the announcers changes.

最后,在比赛进行到四分之三时,解说员的语气发生了变化。

Now they're celebrating as I extend my lead and eventually win.

现在,他们为我扩大领先优势并最终获胜而欢呼庆祝。

No second guessing, no telling me to take my foot off the pedal.

毫不犹豫,绝不让我松懈。

Okay, the point of all this is not to criticize the announcers.

好的,我这样说的目的并不是要批评解说员。

They were just doing their jobs.

他们只是在履行自己的职责。

But can you imagine what it would have been like for me if I were hearing that commentary the whole time I was swimming?

但你能想象如果我在游泳全程都听到这些评论,那会是怎样的情景吗?

I'd be thinking, hmm, maybe they're right.

我会想,嗯,也许他们是对的。

I should probably slow down.

我或许该放慢语速。

The point is, you will probably have people tell you to pace yourself.

关键是,可能有人会告诉你做事要有节奏。

Try not to rush.

不要急于求成。

You're still young.

你们还很年轻。

And that might be the right advice.

这可能是正确的建议。

But I also want you to consider where being young and unknown could be an advantage.

但我也希望你们思考,年轻和默默无闻何尝不是一种优势。

Go fast when you need to go fast.

在需要加速时,勇敢地冲刺。

Yeah.

是的。

It's easy to hear the voices telling you to pace yourself and take your foot off the pedal.

听到那些让你放慢脚步、松开油门的声音很容易。

But I've found that once you start fast, you can go further than you think you can.

但我发现,一旦你迅速起步,你就能走得比你想象的更远。

So I say to you today, listen to your coaches, listen to your family members, listen to your mentors and bosses, but also listen to yourself.

所以今天, 我想对你们说,倾听你们的教练、家人、导师和上司的意见,但也要倾听你们内心的声音。

Don't be afraid to take the lead.

不要害怕带头。

Sometimes you just have to go for it and find out what you're capable of.

有时候,你只需勇往直前,去探索自己的潜能所在。

Of course, knowing when to go full speed is only part of the equation.

当然,知道何时全力冲刺只是成功公式的一部分。

Going the distance is also about enjoying the day-to-day process.

坚持到底也意味着享受日常的过程。

I'm often asked for my secret, as if there's some secret code to Olympic gold.

人们常问我成功的秘诀,仿佛存在一个通往奥运金牌的神秘密码。

And today, Stanford, I'm going to share my secret.

今天,斯坦福,我将分享我的秘诀。

Ready?

准备好了吗?

It involves food.

这涉及到食物。

Yeah, everyone loves food, especially at Stanford.

是的,大家都喜欢美食,尤其是在斯坦福。

As I was making my way through the sport of swimming, the one question other parents always asked my mother was, what do you feed Katie?

在我游泳生涯的征途中,其他家长总是问我的母亲同一个问题:“你们给凯蒂吃什么?”

what are you feeding that kid?

你给那孩子吃什么呢?

My mother, in her special mom sort of way, would often say, oh, you know, whatever's on sale that week, that's what we feed her.

我妈妈,以她特有的母亲方式,常常会说:“哦, 你知道的,那周什么打折,我们就给她吃什么。 ”

If strawberries are on sale, then strawberries.

如果草莓在打折,那就买草莓。

Well, when I was about 10 years old, my mother read somewhere that low-fat chocolate yogurt was a good breakfast meal for swimmers.

嗯, 大约在我10岁的时候,我妈妈在某处读到, 低脂巧克力酸奶是游泳运动员不错的早餐选择。

But for whatever reason, she couldn't find low-fat chocolate yogurt at the store.

但不知为何,她在店里找不到低脂巧克力酸奶。

And so for about a year, she somehow substituted chocolate ice cream for the low-fat yogurt.

于是大约有一年的时间,她不知怎么地用巧克力冰淇淋代替了低脂酸奶。

And I think that explains why I was so eager to wake up early in the morning for practice.

我想这解释了为什么我总是迫不及待地早起参加晨练。

You know, what's funny is everyone loves that ice cream story, but when I tell them that that's the secret, they look kind of disappointed.

你知道吗, 有趣的是, 大家都喜欢那个吃冰淇淋的故事,但当我告诉他们那就是秘诀时,他们却显得有些失望。

Like, come on, Katie, what's the real secret?

比如说,拜托,凯蒂,真正的秘诀是什么?

Okay, obviously ice cream isn't the secret.

好了,显然冰淇淋并非秘诀所在。

Truth is, there really isn't a secret.

事实上,真的没有什么秘诀。

Perhaps the closest I can come is this.

我所能想到的最接近的比喻是这样的。

I set goals, but those goals aren't about winning.

我设定了目标,但这些目标并非关乎胜利。

Winning is inherently about comparison.

胜利本质上是一种比较。

Comparison to others, and then even if you keep winning, you eventually get compared to yourself, a younger, more dominant version of yourself.

与他人比较, 即便你持续获胜,最终也会与自己较量,面对那个更年轻、更具统治力的自己。

That's why my goals are always about my own performance, and my goals are always times.

这就是为什么我的目标总是围绕自己的表现,而我的目标总是以时间为基准。

Last month, I hit a time I hadn't hit in nine years.

上个月,我达到了一个九年未曾达到的成绩。

I was elated.

我欣喜若狂。

Thanks.

谢谢。

I talked about that time like it was an old friend.

我谈起那段时光,仿佛在谈论一位老友。

356, great to see you again.

356,很高兴再次见到你。

Afterwards, I was being interviewed, and I could tell the reporter wanted me to say I'd been chasing my own ghost from 2016.

之后, 我接受了采访,我能感觉到记者希望我说自己在追逐2016年的影子。

Truth is, that's not what I do.

说实话,那不是我的风格。

I chase goal times, not my past self.

我追逐的是目标时间,而非过去的自己。

I stay focused on my pacing, my technique, and the effort it will take to reach those goals.

我专注于自己的节奏、技术,以及为实现这些目标所需付出的努力。

The real race is always the same.

真正的比赛总是如出一辙。

It's me against my goals.

这是我和我的目标之间的较量。

Now, I'm not oblivious to the fact that hitting those goals may result in winning, and I don't want to downplay the feeling of winning gold.

现在,我并非无视这样一个事实:达成那些目标可能会带来胜利,我也不想低估赢得金牌的感受。

Being on that medal stand is a feeling I wish everyone could experience.

站在领奖台上是一种我希望每个人都能体验的感受。

But when I look back at those races, what gives me the most joy is the goal being reached.

然而,当我回顾那些比赛时,最让我感到快乐的,是目标的达成。

This is why I tell you, you don't have to win the race.

这就是为什么我要告诉你们,你们不必非得赢得比赛。

You just need to win your race.

你只需赢得自己的比赛。

And winning your race means falling in love with the process.

而赢得比赛意味着爱上这个过程。

Fall in love with the process, not the podium.

爱上过程,而非领奖台。

I've been in an Olympic final race 15 times, which is 170 laps, or around five and a half miles.

我曾15次进入奥运会决赛,这相当于游了170圈,约合5.5英里。

But I estimate I've swum around 26,000 miles in my life.

但据我估计,我一生中大约游了26,000英里。

And actually, I'll do another few later today.

实际上,我今天晚些时候还会再做几次。

All told, that's 26,000 miles to set up about five and a half miles of Olympic finals.

总而言之,这意味着要游26,000英里才能争取到大约5.5英里的奥运决赛资格。

Swimmers talk about the fact that every time you swim in a practice, you are putting miles into the bank to call upon in competition.

游泳运动员常说, 每次训练时你都在“银行”里存入里程, 以备比赛时调用。

And I was thinking about how many pages you seniors have read over four years at Stanford.

我在想,你们这些大四学生在斯坦福的四年里读了多少页书。

I asked some of this year's class presidents to run some calculations for me.

我请今年的几位班级主席帮我做了一些计算。

And in true Stanford fashion, they wanted to be precise, separating out different types of reading, like reading for class, reading for leisure, reading op-eds.

按照斯坦福的一贯风格,他们力求精确,将不同类型的阅读区分开来,比如课堂阅读、休闲阅读、阅读评论文章等。

The consensus is you probably had something like 15,000 pages of assigned reading to reach graduation, and maybe a little more if you were an English major.

大家一致认为, 你们为了毕业大概完成了约15,000页的指定阅读量,而如果你是英语专业的学生, 这个数字可能会稍微多一点。

15,000 pages.

15,000 页。

You won't remember every page, but every page mattered.

你不会记住每一页,但每一页都很重要。

Every lap, every page, every late night study session, every line of code, every conversation with professors and peers, every latte at Coupa, they've all been part of your process.

每一圈泳道, 每一页书卷, 每一个深夜的学习时光,每一行代码, 每一次与教授和同学的对话,每一杯在Coupa的拿铁, 它们都是你们过程的一部分。

As you move forward, trust your process.

在前进的道路上,请相信你的过程。

Fall in love with your process.

爱上你的过程。

Build a community that supports that process, and trust that all those small, seemingly insignificant moments have added up to something special.

建立一个支持这一过程的社群,并相信所有那些看似微不足道的小时刻都累积成了某种特别的东西。

They've made you into the person you are today.

他们成就了今天的你。

There's one more element we need to discuss, and that's time.

还有一个要素我们需要探讨,那就是时间。

This probably sounds like I'm going to reference the stopwatch again.

这听起来可能我又会提到计时器了。

but I actually want to talk to you about how you spend your time and who you spend it with.

但我其实想和你们谈谈你们如何度过时间以及与谁共度时光。

One of the questions I'm often asked is, what do you think about when you're swimming?

我常被问到的一个问题是:“你游泳时在想什么?”

While I'm a little suspicious, this is just another way of saying you must get kind of bored during those long races, I also get it.

虽然我对此有点怀疑, 但这只是另一种说法, 即在那些漫长的比赛中, 你一定会感到有些无聊,我也理解这种感受。

Distance swimmers have a lot of time to think.

长距离游泳选手有大量时间思考。

When your races are 15 minutes long, you can't spend the whole time thinking, must go faster.

当你的比赛只有15分钟时,你不能一直想着“必须更快”。

So what do I think about?

那么,我在想什么呢?

I always count the laps.

我总是数着圈数。

Sometimes I have a song stuck in my head.

有时候我脑子里会一直回响着一首歌。

But my favorite races are the ones where I think of people.

但我最喜欢的比赛是那些让我想起人们的时刻。

I think about training partners.

我想到了训练伙伴。

I think about my Grandpa Jerry immigrating from Czechoslovakia to study at an American university.

我想起了我的外公杰里,他从捷克斯洛伐克移民到美国,在一所美国大学求学。

I think about my Grandpa Hagen serving as a Navy surgeon in World War II.

我想起了我的祖父哈根,他在第二次世界大战期间作为一名海军外科医生服役。

In the Tokyo Olympics, I had two medal races about 70 minutes apart.

在东京奥运会上,我有两场奖牌争夺赛相隔约70分钟。

The first was the 200-meter free.

首先是200米自由泳。

I'm still not quite sure what happened, but I just felt off.

我仍然不太确定发生了什么,但就是感觉不对劲。

It was my 36th international race and the first time I didn't medal.

这是我的第36场国际比赛,也是首次未能获得奖牌。

And I had under an hour to get ready for my next race, the 1,500-meter freestyle.

而我只有一个小时的时间准备下一场比赛,那就是1500米自由泳。

I knew I'd have to dig deep and fight.

我知道我必须深入挖掘自己的潜力,奋力拼搏。

I remember I was in the warm down pool, my brain was clouded with doubt, and I kept telling myself to relax.

我记得当时我正在放松池里,脑海中充满了疑虑, 我不断告诉自己要放松。

I had to find a way to shake things off and focus.

我必须找到一种方法来摆脱困境并集中注意力。

That's when I started to think about my grandparents.

那时我开始想起我的祖父母。

I envisioned my grandmothers watching me on TV back home.

我曾想象我的祖母们在家中电视机前观看我的比赛。

I pictured them cheering for me.

我仿佛看到他们在为我欢呼。

And if I were going to dwell on anything in those difficult moments, it was going to be on the toughness and warmth of my grandmothers.

如果在那些艰难时刻我有什么要深思的,那一定是关于我祖母们的坚韧与温暖。

For nearly every stroke of that 30-lap race, I just repeated their names.

在那场30圈的比赛中,几乎每一划水动作,我都在心中默念着他们的名字。

Grandma Hagen, Grandma Berta, Grandma Hagen, Grandma Berta.

哈根奶奶,贝尔塔奶奶,哈根奶奶,贝尔塔奶奶。

And it worked.

这招奏效了。

I swam with a sense of strength and freedom.

我游泳时感受到力量与自由。

I felt like my grandparents lifted me up to gold that day.

那天,我感觉我的祖父母将我托举向了金牌。

My grandma Hagen is now seven months shy of turning 100 years old.

我的祖母哈根即将迎来她的百岁生日,距离现在还有七个月。

We don't know exactly how long our distance in life will be.

我们无法确切知道人生旅途的长度。

But whatever it is, we need to spend that time in a meaningful way.

但无论是什么,我们都需要以有意义的方式度过那段时间。

Sometimes that means trying to get from point A to point B as fast as we can.

有时候,这意味着我们要尽可能快地从A点到达B点。

Most times, that means dealing with uncertainty.

大多数情况下,这意味着要应对不确定性。

It means spending time on hard problems, problems that you sometimes can't solve on your own.

这意味着要花时间去解决难题,那些有时你无法独自解决的问题。

As you leave Stanford, so many of you are going places where you won't have a roadmap.

当你们离开斯坦福时,你们中的许多人将前往没有明确路线的地方。

The truly important work will sometimes feel like you're swimming alone.

真正重要的工作有时会让你感觉像是在独自游泳。

Yet I've found those are the moments where I most needed my people, my family, my teammates, my coaches.

然而,我发现那些时刻正是我最需要我的团队、我的家人、我的队友和我的教练的时候。

They're the voices that carry you through the tough times.

他们是那些在你艰难时刻给予支持的声音。

Here are my questions for you.

以下是我的问题,供您参考。

Who are those people who are in your corner?

那些在你身边支持你的人是谁呢?

When you and your friends are spread out across the country, who will you feel cheering for you?

当你们和朋友们分散在全国各地时,你们会感受到谁在为你们加油呢?

When you have to dig deep and find a way to swim your best race, who will be on your mind?

当你需要挖掘潜能,找到最佳状态去比赛时,你会想到谁?

Here's something that might surprise you.

以下内容可能会让你感到惊讶。

Your Stanford friends aren't limited to who your Stanford friends are today.

你们在斯坦福的朋友圈并不局限于今天所拥有的朋友。

You have no idea how many alumni you will wind up friends with.

你无法想象最终会与多少校友成为朋友。

I have Stanford friends from every generation.

我在斯坦福大学有来自各个年代的朋友。

Because even if you don't know them now, you know Stanford, and they know Stanford.

因为即使你现在还不认识他们,但你们都知道斯坦福,他们也知道斯坦福。

They know what it's like to have a picnic at the Oval.

他们知道在草坪上野餐是什么感觉。

They know what it's like to go fountain hopping.

他们知道跳喷泉是什么感觉。

They know what it's like to return from class and see one of your professors interviewed on national news.

他们深知下课后回到宿舍,看到自己的教授出现在全国新闻访谈中的那种感受。

And yes, they know about CS106A.

是的,他们知道CS106A课程。

Point being, you can't go the distance alone.

关键在于,你无法独自走完这段旅程。

Continue to surround yourself with people who will challenge you, support you, and make you laugh.

继续与那些能激励你、支持你并让你欢笑的人为伍。

Make sure you spend time with the people who matter to you.

确保你花时间与那些对你重要的人在一起。

Pacing, process, and time.

节奏、过程和时间。

Like many of you, I'm still figuring out what it means to go the distance in life.

和你们中的许多人一样,我仍在探索在人生旅途中坚持到底的意义。

How do you pace your life?

如何规划你的生活节奏?

What does your day-to-day process look like?

你日常的流程是怎样的?

How do you prioritize your time?

如何安排你的时间优先级?

We're all coming from a place here at Stanford that has taught us to ask tough questions like these.

我们都在斯坦福这个环境中成长,这里教会了我们提出这些棘手的问题。

We might not have all the answers, but today we can take joy in the pursuit.

我们或许无法掌握所有答案,但今天我们可以享受探索的过程。

So as you take the starting block and you get ready to pe in to go the distance, I want you to remember this.

因此,当你们站在起跳台上, 准备跃入水中, 游完全程时,我希望你们记住这一点。

Stanford was the best choice on your first day.

斯坦福从第一天起就是你们最棒的选择。

It's the best choice on your last day.

这是你在最后一天的最佳选择。

I've loved everything about being a Stanford grad, and I think you will too.

我热爱在斯坦福大学作为毕业生的每一刻,我想你们也会如此。

And the best is yet to come.

未来更精彩。

So graduates, take your mark and go out there and make your mark.

所以,毕业生们,做好准备,去创造属于你们的辉煌吧。

Congratulations, class of 2025.

祝贺2025届的毕业生们。

Thank you.

谢谢

热门标签

相关文档

文章说明

本站部分资源搜集整理于互联网或者网友提供,仅供学习与交流使用,如果不小心侵犯到你的权益,请及时联系我们删除该资源。

热门推荐

一键复制全文
下载